A cleanCleanroom is a room having a controlled environment. There are no pollutants in clean rooms. Pollutants, including aerosol particles, dust, and airborne microbes, are cleaned and filtered to make the working atmosphere the cleanest possible extent. The majority of the clean rooms are required where several products, such as medical equipment, pharmaceutical products, and electronics, are produced. It is good to know about Class 100 cleanroom.
Clean rooms have improved the quality of products. Cleanrooms have the ability to absorb the contaminants. These cleanrooms are classified into different levels depending on the quality of contaminants. Clean rooms have controlled features like humidity, airflow, and temperature.
Table of Contents
Working of cleanrooms
Clean rooms are designed to remove contaminants, particles, and pollutants from the outside air. Outside air is passed through the filter system. The filters are supposed to clean and decontaminate the air. These filters have different specifications. Moreover, the contaminated air inside the cleanroom is taken outside the clean rooms, and it is recirculated. This is the filtering process done in cleanrooms. This is how the cleanrooms are supposed to work.
The need for a cleanroom
There are a lot of companies that require the presence of clean rooms. Different companies might be manufacturing products that are prone to contamination. So the risk of contamination initiates the need of having a clean room.
Different industries have been developing cleanrooms in their companies. Military applications, lens and optics manufacturing companies, nanotechnology companies, aerospace industries, electronic companies, medical laboratories, pharmaceutical companies, research facilities, and manufacturing companies use cleanrooms.
Characteristics of cleanrooms
Cleanrooms are famous for having a few characteristics. These characteristics help make clean rooms the most special. You might be interested in knowing the characteristics of clean rooms.
- Cleanrooms have the cleanest surfaces. The clean equipment is placed on clean surfaces.
- The quality of air is maintained in the cleanrooms.
- Cleanrooms are well-operated. Clean rooms have a number of controlled staff.
Cleanrooms have made companies manufacture their products in the most controlled and cleanest atmosphere. These rooms have made these companies manufacture the purest and cleanest products. Pharmaceutical companies are more likely to use pharmaceutical cleanroom to manufacture non-sterile products.
Possible sources of contamination in cleanrooms
It is to be observed that cleanrooms do not take the contaminants out of the room. These rooms have the ability to tolerate and absorb the contaminants. These rooms can control the contaminants to a tolerable extent.
- There are some possible sources of contaminants in cleanrooms. People need to make the entry of contaminants in cleanrooms to be minimal. This is how the cleanrooms are more likely to absorb the contaminants.
- Microbial contamination is the biggest risk of contamination in cleanrooms. Microbial contamination cannot be controlled. This can increase the cause of airborne particles in cleanrooms. Cleanrooms are always prone to microbial contamination.
- The staff is another possible cause of contamination in clean rooms. They are more likely to bring airborne contaminants to clean rooms. So there should be restriction on the number of staff to enter the clean rooms.